Tuesday, October 2, 2012

No Milk Today

I am working on a couple of series ... researching ... including listening to my new copy of Tempest, Bob Dylan's new album, which my partner gifted me.

So, tomorrow we ride again.

Meanwhile, since there is no milk today, listen to the song in the video below: "No milk today", by Herman's Hermits.

And by all means, try to notice how the American and British English languages have really changed since that time.

Notice the phonetics "turrist house in a back street part of town", as well as "the company was gay", "my love reigned as Queen", "we turned night into day", and other words that catch your ear.

The words I mentioned do not mean what they mean today compared to what they meant then.

Word morph ... be diligent to keep your vocabulary alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment